Friday, February 11, 2011
This Week in Pointless News:
• Lady Gaga (whom I love) FINALLY released her single that she’s been talking about since 2009. In case you live in the hole in the ground where Filene’s Basement used to be, It’s called Born This Way. It will be the new dancefloor anthem - and it’s average at best. Listen here.
• They’re letting the rest of America get I-Phones! Boooooo - I’m upset about this. The true I-Phone users are the ones that made the ultimate sacrifice and gave up our decent service to switch to AT&T’s dead zone service a long, long time ago.
• Another made in Boston movie hits the big screen, and Ben Affleck isn’t in it! Johnny Hickey, a Charlestown native and reformed Oxycontin dealer and user, went from pharmacy robberies, to jail, to recovery, and lived to tell the story. “Oxy-Moron’s” preview in Revere ended yesterday, but I have a good feeling some other cinemas will start picking it up. Check out the trailer here.
• The New Yorker wrote a really long expose/article on Scientology that I have not had time to read yet. If you are new to my blog, I should let you know, I am completely obsessed by the Hubbard hubbub. My first adult apartment was located next door to the Church of Scientology and I was fascinated on a daily basis. I’ve also come to realize that pretty much everyone you know has a “Scientology story”. I remember joking about it with my grandfather once and he ended up telling me he was locked in the Clearwater headquarters for 5 hours in the 90’s. On random mention of the religion, my father-in-law revealed being on a Scientology yacht somewhere on the west coast back in the 80’s. You can’t make this stuff up!
• Lindsay Lohan stole a necklace. She showed up to court in a body-hugging white mini-dress, the pictures hit the internets and well, the rest is history. The Kimberly Ovitz dress sold-out – EVERYWHERE. So designers, forget awards shows, start dressing celebs for court dates. Am I right?